Taking Climate Action Together
As part of Small Charities Week, Connected Voice is inviting you to join a conversation about climate action and communities, in partnership with VONNE.
When: Thursday, 23rd June 10am – 11am
Where: Online via Zoom
Who: This informal session is for organisations in the North East VCSE sector who want to know more about climate action in the region, and how you can adopt sustainability into your work.
We recognise that there is a climate emergency and an urgent need to address this, but figuring out where to start or even what to do next can feel overwhelming. At VONNE, we’re committed to support people, communities and nature through the transition to a green economy and low carbon future. Through our projects, Going Green Together and North East England Climate Coalition (NEECCo) we want to engage, inspire and support organisations in the VCSE sector to take climate action too. There’s so much to be done and so many ways that we can support each other to build knowledge and achieve success through a collective net zero journey.
In this session, we’ll tell you more about climate action in the North East, Going Green Together, NEECCo and other resources available to tackle the climate emergency. We also want to hear more about your climate action so far and aspirations for the future. Is there anything holding you back? Anything we can help with? Are you able to support others in their net zero journey?
- Georgia Goncalves – Project and Partnerships Officer, VONNE and Going Green Together
- Georgia joined VONNE in January 2021 and has been influential in the development of Going Green Together, a VONNE Climate Action Alliance initiative hosted by VONNE. Going Green Together offers a programme of practical support, resources and sessions to North East organisations to enable them to take climate action.
- Amy Coates – Communications Officer, VONNE and NEECCo
- Amy joined VONNE in July 2021 and delivers communications and events for NEECCo. NEECCo is a cross-sector initiative, bringing the region together to tackle climate emergency, reverse ecological collapse and deliver a just transition. By catalysing climate and environmental initiatives that can only be accomplished regionally and across all sectors we will build a brighter, sustainable future.
- Jo Holmes – Managing Director of GENEE
- Jo leads on GENEE’s environmental sustainability portfolio. She has worked in the environmental sector for over 20 years, leading regional projects with a focus on partnership working. She has an extensive network from running her own environmental consultancy for the past 14 years. This experience enables her to empathise with organisational aspirations to deliver sustainability whilst running the day-today operation. She is committed to demonstrating that positive environmental performance can positively impact an organisation’s bottom line.
You can register to attend the event here.