The Constructing Excellence North East (CENE) Climate Emergency Group/NEECCo Built Environment Group is made up of representatives from 14 organisations from across the built environment (CENE, Turner and Townsend, Sir Robert McAlpine, JDDK, Yorkshire and North East Energy Hub, North East LEP, Wates, Gleeds, ICE North East, Mott MacDonald, Regen Group, Thirteen Group, Cundall and Port of Tyne). The aim of the group is to encourage the industry to take action to address the climate emergency by:
- Creating a benchmark for measurement across the sector
- Regularise definitions for frequently used terms
- Signposting to training, workshops and events that will support the industry
- Gathering a central resource for documentation, best practice and case studies for wide use
- Seeking out, recognising and celebrating the exemplary organisations and behaviours and rewarding best practice.
Meetings are held monthly and this year’s deliverables are currently being agreed. Further information can be found on the CENE website.