NEECCo Business Briefing: Greener Pensions – 20 May 2021
NEECCo Business Briefing- Greener Pensions
Awareness of the need to deliver sustainable solutions to the world’s ecological issues has risen dramatically over recent years and this is now recognised the world over. Whilst investors seeking ethical options in the past had limited options, far greater choice is now available. These can be found in pensions and other investment vehicles such as ISAs.
The aim of the seminar is to give you greater knowledge of the Environmental Social Governance (ESG) investment options available in the marketplace to regular investors and you an insight into the changes that have and are happening in the pension investments sector to ensure more accountability and increase accessibility to greener pension options.
Who should attend? Do you work for a SME, NGO or want to learn more about greener pensions in your organisation then this event is for you.
• Business owners
• Company Directors
• Finance Directors
• Chief executives
• Pension fund managers
• Pension fund committee members
• CSR managers
• Those with responsibility for/ interest in pensions in their organisation
What is the benefit of attending?
• Learn more about how pensions are becoming greener
• The benefits of greener pensions of business, people and planet
• What to consider when wanting to offer greener pensions to your staff
We anticipate that divestment will be part of our discussions however this is not a pension divestment meeting although NEECCo recognises the likely need to host a separate event to address the divestment questions soon.
Fergus Westwood is a chartered Wealth Manager of over 20 years experience who specialises in pension advice and retirement planning. His helps clients achieve the retirement they desire through strategic planning and sustainable investing. Fergus has three daughters and is passionate about environmental and social governance for businesses of all sizes throughout the world and he uses his investment skills to help investors enjoy a better return in a sustainable and ethical manner.
• Chair, Carol Botten, Chief Executive, VONNE
• Key speaker, Fergus Westwood, St James Place Investment
• Presentation covering Environmental Social Governance in pension investment.
• Questions and answers session - Questions will be submitted in advance and some taken on the day.
We will contact registered participants to submit questions in advance via Slido.
We will make the event available online and produce a document summarising key points and answers to all questions.
The event is being promoted in partnership with North East regional business organisations and the North East England Nature Partnership.