Interactive webinar: Tried and tested solutions for a green recovery – Renewable energy
Explore local renewable energy solutions and hear from experts sharing their practical experiences of local authority innovation in this field.
These webinars feature speakers with practical experience of implementing projects at local council and community level, with proven potential for widespread roll out – supporting the economic recovery from COVID-19, getting us closer to net zero carbon emissions and increasing our resilience as a society.
- Duration: 1 hour, including talks, audience Q&A and interactive audience discussion
- Date: Tuesday 8 July 2021
- Start time: 12.30pm
- Cost: Free
- Booking required (see below)
This interactive webinar is focusing on renewable energy solutions and will feature:
- Andrew Hunt of Oldham Borough Council, sharing his experience of the Oldham Community Power project.
- Kirsten Firth, Sustainability Projects Officer at Brighton & Hove City Council sharing her experience of developing renewable energy projects through local partnerships.
Hear about the challenges that have been overcome, the potential for economic benefits, jobs and skills creation and co-benefits, ask questions, and interact with other participants to consider what needs to happen to replicate these projects elsewhere.